Friday, May 6, 2011

mmmbop

I greeted this beautiful Spring morning with running shoes, a cup of coffee, and some much needed catching up with my mom and our sweet pup Noel. One long walk, two cups, and a tour of all things renovated at my parent's new house later, I had successfully welcomed Friday. On my way home I passed a group of girls playing four square outside school and smiled at their innocent joy. I waved to a group of boaters as I crossed the bridge, and exchanged pleasantries with our neighbor Gary as he headed out for the day. And now, reading the paper and munching on granola and clementines I finally flashed on the perfect tune for Day 5. A song that has lifted my spirits since I was a kid. Maybe it's something to do with the ridiculous simplicity of lyrics, the foot tapping beat, or the all together 90's hunky-ness that was this band of young boys. Regardless, it's just one of those completely cheesy songs that makes me smile, and reminds me that sometimes it's okay to unleash the inner child (even if that means having a spontaneous solo dance party in an empty house on a Friday morning).

I've only got one word: Mmmbop.

Chin up, friends. And happy Friday:
(the video itself is also just all kinds of fantastic. seriously. judge not.)


No comments:

Post a Comment