Friday, July 9, 2010

Act Great


I skipped to Day 44 in my Meditations from the Mat. Today I find this:

What is the key to untie the knot of your mind's suffering?
Act great. My dear, always act great.

-Hafez

And I find this:

...make a beginning. We can count on the new and the unfamiliar to be awkward. But the awkwardness of that first step is no reason for us to deny ourselves the opportunity to have balance in a given area of our lives. We we will have the degree of grace in our lives that we permit ourselves to have.


Act great. My dear, always act great. Let's not wait until we feel good and then begin the acting. We must act great all the time. "Instead, act as if" so that we may begin.

Let us sit and attempt meditation even as our minds refuse to quiet. Let us practice head stands even if we must use the wall for support. Let us be outspoken and outgoing even if our hearts pound and the inner voice of judgment creeps in. Let us get dressed up, throw on perfume, and take a chance... if only for one evening.

Act great.

Fake it until we make it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment