Tuesday, April 27, 2010

("Missing You" by John Cruz)

"You just have to give a guy the idea that one day he will wake up next to you, and you are in."

This is what a friend told me tonight while talking about my complete lack of luck in the department of romance. And I just kept thinking, how do you find the one who will want to wake up next to you? Or rather, be enticed by the thought? There is just something so completely sweet and charming and romantic about that idea and about the fact that this is the thing a guy would tell me about 'getting a man.' And I'm actually not defective or unappealing... but rather, all I have to do is give a guy this idea.

Maybe there are a few gentlemen still out there after all. Because it has to say something when it's the act of looking at the person you're lying next to, knowing you get to wake up next to them in the morning, and wanting that simple fact to remain true. It has to say something when that thought alone can pull a man into your world.

And here we go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment