Saturday, May 23, 2009

like your life just figured out how to get good

Have you ever woken up and truly believed you were still in the midst of a dream? Like perhaps you've actually mastered the complexity of lucid dreaming and were simply making things happen in this sleep perpetuated state? But you wake up and you see that the world has shifted just slightly. Because it had to have done so otherwise the present moment you're in wouldn't be possible or comprehensible. This is all rather vague I know but needless to say, I had this moment waking up, feeling like it was all a dream, because it looked like a dream I've had so many times before... only this time it was reality. This time these two worlds that I so often struggle to negotiate came together in this completely real, beautiful, funny, lovely way.

It's funny when you feel like life is making sense in the moment. That certain things or connections are supposed to happen, or feel a certain way as they're happening... and you're just now finally experiencing it. You're just now experiencing the reality of the ever frequent dream you've been playing in your mind for so long... only the reality is far superior. Well, because it's real.

Again, I know this is all pretty vague... a sweeping generalization that probably makes no sense. I guess I'm just hoping that someone out there understands the relevance and complexity and utter gloriousness (not really a word?) of what I mean. It's like your life just figured out how to get good- like that second... I think I stole that thought from My So-Called Life. I think I steal quite a few lines from Angela Chase... but no matter. I feel like my life just figured out how to get good in that oh so vague but beautiful moment. And now I'm left feeling somewhat stalled... because in the dream you keep creating the next moments and the next moments. In reality, I supposed you create moments, but more often than not it feels like we're just waiting for them to happen.

And there's another question. Are we creating our lives? Or does it seem more like our lives are happening to us? Or is it both?

....Sorry folks. I'm a little fuzzy and scatter brained this morning. I moved that tassel right to left yesterday. I drank mimosa, hugged my family, took photos with friends, probably saw some people for quite possibly the last time, and had one very fun evening out... And now I'm here. Trying to negotiate my life, and this moment, and the next... And hoping that that moment wasn't just a dream... that I didn't become an expert at lucid dreaming otherwise as I write this... I'm still asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment